Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"My Lie": Why I falsely accused my father"

9/21/10. "More than 20 years ago, Meredith Maran falsely accused her father of molestation. That she came to believe such a thing was possible reveals what can happen when personal turmoil meets a powerful social movement." Lives were wrecked, families were torn apart and stunned, and some falsely accused father's lingered in prison for years. I have witnessed the horror and aftermath of family members hear their sisters accuse their fathers of sexual abuse. (see post by Paul McHugh, MD regarding his book "Try to Remember," which documents the horror of these psychiatric misadventures.)

Of course, sexual abuse does occur ---- in 1976, during my doctoral dissertation on child abuse at Children's Hospital in Detroit, Michigan., I saw close-up what some parents did to their children.  

http://www.salon.com/books/memoirs/index.html?story=/books/int/2010/09/20/meredith_maran_my_lie_interview

No comments: